Be the first to know - subscribe here
Directions to Newmarket
Shopping & Activity Map
Relocate to Newmarket
Venues for Hire
Newmarket Business Association
Newmarket Business Association Board
Relocate to Newmarket
10 reasons to set up business in Newmarket
- Newmarket has been voted 'Auckland's best shopping precinct' by Metro magazine readers every year for the past four years.
- Newmarket is a fast growing commercial centre with over 16,000 people working in the business district every day. Big corporates headquarters include Ericsson Communications, Vector, Watercare, Fidelity Life, Lion Nathan, Westfield NZ, and Sony BMG. Newmarket is also home to cutting edge businesses like Woosh Wireless and Commonwealth Games sponsors Orca wetsuits and sports apparel
- Newmarket is a key public transport hub, with hundreds of buses going through the bustling area everyday, including the popular Link bus. A dedicated bus corridor linking the central city to Newmarket, via the university and hospital, will be constructed from next year.
- For those who like looking good, Newmarket is well endowed with gyms and health-enhancing centres. It is home to the 50-metre indoor Olympic Pool and boarders Auckland's oldest park, The Domain - a runner's paradise. The region's number one man-made tourism attraction, the Auckland War Memorial Museum, also boarders the town centre.
- Newmarket has over 100 cafes, bars and restaurants with eight recently opening their doors in the completely redeveloped Nuffield Street.
- Newmarket is home to high-end fashion with big names such as Karen Walker, Trelise Cooper, Workshop and Zambesi all choosing Newmarket for their flagship stores.
- Westfield Two Double Seven, the best shopping mall in New Zealand, is located in the heart of Newmarket and is about to get bigger and better. It anchors Broadway which boasts the best strip shopping experience in the country. Now with Nuffield Street and its 29 stores added to the mix, Newmarket now offers the most rounded retailing experience in Auckland. and Grafton. Further, despite any myths Newmarket has plenty of spare parking capacity - 10,600 car parks to be precise.
- Newmarket is always bustling, helped by the fact that 8,000 students attend a number of Auckland's best secondary school that boarder the town centre.
- Unlike the CBD Newmarket is better strategically located and is a lot more accessible for employees and shoppers residing all around Auckland particularly in the likes of the Eastern Bays, Remuera, Parnell, Epsom, Mt Eden, Balmoral,
- Newmarket has the most proactive business association in Auckland, actively marketing the aspiring town centre to the consumer, promoting its businesses and issues to the wider public, and working behind the scenes with local authorities to constantly improve the likes of infrastructure and security.